Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I'm still alive!

Hey All,

Just wanted to check in here and let y'all know (you know, all like 5 of you that visit this thing. Well, maybe 5...) that I'm still around and still playing poker. Right now though, I'm completely freeroll whoring. If there's a freeroll, and my schedule works, I'll be there. You can find me in WSOP freerolls at FTP, beginner freerolls @ Titan, Million Dollar qualifier freerolls @ UB, "Fun Step" SNGs at Poker.com. You name it, I'm there! :)

The best freeroll I've played in recently was the World Blogger Championship of Online Poker (WBCOOP). That was a blast. 2247 peeps all dukin' it out for a kick-ass WSOP entry. Nope, I didn't make it.

One other quasi-freeroll is the Million Dollar Freeroll at UB. I say quasi because, while they do offer completely free freerolls, they also have UB point freerolls (pointrolls???) which is what I'm playing. Last week I played in the daily and won a seat to the weekly last Friday. In the weekly, I won a seat to the monthly the next Saturday. (as did Nikki) We both played in the monthly along with 816 other hopefuls. The top 300 would win entries into the big event on July 15th. First place in it wins a HELLA COOL prize pack. USD$500K, WSOP entry, Aruba entry, 4 other tourneys, a year's worth of Sunday tourneys, lessons from UB pros. Some crazy shit man. Right now there are about 1800 people registered for it. That's a pretty decent sized field for a person's odds at winning (compared with some of the others).

If you haven't checked out this freeroll from UB, definitely check it out. If you've got the UB points to spend, I recommend going that route. In today's daily, there were 27 people started with an additional 7 alternates that joined the game. So 34 people, 10 spots move on. While I was short stack at one point (18/18), I doubled-up a couple times and finished in 5th. So I'm playing this Sat. night in the weekly where something like 200 people move on to the monthly final. Maybe I'll see you there!

3 comments:

Nikita said...

You need to make it to the money in one of the league tourneys.

Rob said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ashmc2 said...

I don't know what you did nut it is working now.

Try WPEX . They have freerolls that they add $50 to every hr or 2.

Good luck and get back in there Rob. Don't give up. Start with a tight aggressive style for a week or so, and I bet you make money at the ring games, then start adding in some of your plays and skills. But use a strict TAG style as your base. Later punk.