Friday, June 09, 2006

Stone Cold Busted

I'm broke. I lost my last $1.78 last night. I had considered trying to turn it into a bigger roll but it was simply too frustrating to have to play the .02-.04 levels. It just simply isn't possible to apply ANYTHING that is learned in poker books at this level. Raise with strong hands? People call you anyway. I could raise every street to the river with the best hand and some donkey will chase with some stupid hand like 47o and catch his straight. Yes, I know - overtime he's going to donate more of his money than he'll win. However, at this level, it's more likely that he'll end up donating it to a fellow donkey who chases a board of AA7 with JTo to runner-runner broadway (or RR a boat).

So here's my plan: finish up the league events. Nikki's bankrolling me for those :). I don't anticipate winning the league but if I get my ass in gear and get my act together, I SHOULD, at the very least, make the ToC and possibly finish ITM for the league.

Completely read/re-read HoH Iⅈ Sklansky's Theory of Poker, Advanced Hold 'Em, and SSHE. I'm also going to read Lee Jones WLLH. I'll probably also re-read Phil Gordon's Little Green Book. And by re-read I mean commit these motherfuckers to memory.

When I redeposit I figure that I'll save up and drop at least US$300 back into play. Then I'll start playing Limit at the .10-.20 levels until I'm crushing that then slowly start to move up levels. I haven't got an exact number in mind to move up levels (as I'm going to start out bankrolled for levels higher than .10-.20 (I suppose, following the 300BB rule, I'd be able to start at .50-1.00 but I'd be far more comfortable having a larger roll before playing that level)) but I would imagine that I'll keep it around the 1200-1500BB area. I'll also play the small buyin NL tourneys ($5 or less).

Of course, I'll also keep playing the forum events as those are great fun!

So things will probably get fairly quiet around here for a while. I'll probably make the occasional forum event related post and also post thoughts on what I've read but there won't be much other than that.

1 comment:

ashmc2 said...

GL Rob
You Need to just take a step back and refocus. You can do it.

Are you running bad or are you trying to be to aggressive - making too many plays at the pot?

Try starting with the tight-agressive style totally for 1 week. Give it a shot I'm telling you it will work. Then start adding in your plays at the pot.

Over-analysis of opponents is all wrong at lower-limits. Just bet hard when you hit and let the chasing fags pay you off.

Later Rob.