Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It's been a while...

Wow, it's been a awhile since I posted here. Obviously, lots has gone on in the poker world in the past week or so and there isn't really much more I can say that others haven't said better than I. So instead I'll talk about the game itself. Specifically, I'll talk about Season 3 of The Talking Poker Forum League on PokerStars.

The season kicked off this past Sunday with a NL event. Unfortunately, I ended up going out on a horrible beat to jillaj. It sucked. It was horrible. I wanted to kick a cat. Well, okay, not really, but it was a bad beat. I didn't place anywhere near the money OR the points in the first event.

Last night was event #2, PLHE. I think I played a fairly tight, aggressive game that served me well. I was consistently near the top of the table until I made one bad play that cost me about 1/4 of my stack and actually ended up dropping me down to short stack for a while. I fought back and by playing tight, managed to outlast many above me until it was HU between Boobie Lover and I. Needless to say, once HU, I loosened up a bit and actually ended up getting dealt some kickass hands. When HU started Boobie had about 18,000 to my 3,000. I fought up to 9K at one point. The last hand was both of us all-in on the turn. I had K9 and he had KT. The flop gave him his T, the turn gave us our K, the river gave me my 9. I lost. Still, it was a kickass game that I feel I played really well. That 2nd place finish bumped me up to 3rd in the league standings, but it's still REALLY early. The next event is a NL event this coming Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to make some more posts. ;)

james blake said...

ya it's great to keep a track of this blog..................
james
http://www.CelebPoker.com

Anonymous said...

Wìth God behind you and His arms around you... you can face whatever is ahead of you...
may God's loving arms carry you always near His heart. Gud Day!
==================================
charles
Win a share of 1 Million Euros for 5.50