Sunday, January 28, 2007

January

Wow...it's been a long freakin' time since I wrote on here. Let's do a quick recap. November SUCKED. December was better and January has been pretty kickass! I decided in early January to pretty much forego the cash games and play strictly SNGs to build up the bankroll. I'll occasionally sit down at a $25NL table if I've only got 15 or 20 minutes and REALLY want to play cards. I had actually kinda forgot about this blog until Ash posted on Nikki's blog saying I need to update.

So anyway, I've been playing the $16 turbo SNGs at Stars for the past month with the occasional foray up to the $27 turbos. Up until the past few days I have been making money hand over fist. Then the past few days hit. I don't think I had a single hand where I was all in with the dominant hand win - including aces against 59s!!! Oh, and the reverse doesn't hold true. I end up with something like sevens or tens in position, jam and end up against queens, kings, or aces. Of course THEIR dominant hand holds up. But those beats don't really bother me - they had the better hand, they deserve to win it most of the time.

Yesterday I played in a $3.30 tourney for fun and the crippling hand was AK. I raise it up, it gets reraised, and, to make a longish story short, three of us end up all in. I flip over the AKo, reraiser flips up kings and the follower flips over ATo (!!!). Wanna guess who won? Here's a hint: ten on the flop, ten on the river.

There's four more days of poker left in the month. I'm hoping to turn around my $100 slide from the past few days and build it back up. Prior to Thursday my winnings graph looked like Google stock. Now it looks more like Nortel...

No comments: