Tuesday, April 18, 2006

$2.20 morning game

[10:45am] I'm done. I was dealt TT UTG so I push all-in. The guy to my left calls and the guy to HIS left calls. Everyone else folds. First caller shows AA and 2nd caller shows 88. The board does nothing to improve any of our hands. I'm out 352nd. No money. Nikki's still in but is struggling. Well, I think this loss negates my miniscule win from last night. Heh.

[10:38am] Whew this liveblogging thing is tricky. By the time you get one post finished you may have another post waiting to go. Yikes. Anyway, time for an update. After a few small bad pots I've managed to reduce my stack back down to just above the starting stacks. I'll get them back though. Never fear.

[10:21am] Told ya I'd get them back. I'm dealt 9dTd and call the 3x BB PFR, OrangeFloyd calls as well. The flop comes 6c2c7h giving me the gutshot nut straight. The original raiser checks as do Floyd & I. The turn comes 8h giving me my nut straight. However there is also two possible flush draws on the table that is a little scary. Floyd bets out 120 and is called by the OR. I raise it to 360 and both call. The river comes 5d busting any flush draws. OR checks, I jam. Floyd calls and the OR folds like a cheap suit. Floyd turns over J9o giving him the 9-high straight and I turn over the ten-high straight.

[10:18am] Ooop. Just donked off a 1/3 of my stack with 2nd best hand. I had AQ, he had AK. The board paired our ace and also paired nines, leaving it up to the kicker. Ah well. I'll get them back.

[10:10am] I just started playing a $2.20 tourney at PokerStars to pass the time away while I wait for my car to be fixed. 676 players with a first prize of $283.93. Sure, not as big as last nights game, but still pretty good for a lot smaller field. Nikki is also playing in this one. Also, at my table is OrangeFloyd, a WWdN weekly regular who has went mano a mano with Wil and won.

No comments: