Sunday, April 23, 2006

Home Game Recap

Well, last night was our regular monthly game. It was the smallest tournout we've had yet: 10 people. It's a shame really, there were over 20 people that expressed interest and we ended up with 10. Some people had good reasons: ill, wedding, etc. but then others just never bothered to reply. That sucks. So anyway, the folks last night were Nikki & I (obviously), Jason, Jen & Mike, Jeff M, Jeff O, Mike H, Liz, and the one-and-only Donkey Boy (aka Mooney). Format was the same as last week. We decided that we'd go down to one table at 6 players. Technically, we could have started at one table, but then it would have been a unnecessarily crowded table. Top 3 places paid out. Our final table was formed when, at table 2, Nikki and Liz are all-in against Jeff M's bigger stack. Nikki caught and sent Liz to the rail and doubled-up off of Jeff, sorta crippling him a bit and giving her overall chip lead. The final table was made up of Nikki, Jeff M, and Jen from table 2 and Jason, Mike C, and myself from table 1. The four bounced players started a twoonie game at the other table. Jason & Jeff were the first two to go out at the final table. Jen fell next, making the final three Mike, Nikki, and me. I went next. At this point I started dealing for Nikki & Mike. They finally ended up all-in together and Nikki was the victor, taking down the tourney.

Since it was such a small tournout, the game went fairly quickly so we decided that the remaining people would do a $5 buyin as soon as the other table's twoonie game was done. It ended quickly after we badgered everyone into going all-in. Liz won that one. So our short game ended up being: Jason, Liz, Nikki, Jeff M, myself, Donkey Boy. Since there was only $30 and 6 players, we decided that Top 2 would pay out. Liz was first to drop, followed by Jeff, then Nikki. She was horrendously card dead the entire game and ended up seriously short stacked. So we're down to the final three: Donkey Boy, Jason & me. We finally sent Mooney to the rail after the best hand held up for once against him. That guy sucks out more that Monika Lewinsky sucked. Heads-Up. Jason & I. We go back and forth a bit until we end up all-in. Jason had cowboys and I had something that made up a straight draw. Let's call it 9T. The board showed KQx. I needed a jack AND the board not to pair. I rivered the jack and doubled-up off of Jason, giving me a HUGE chip lead. It was only a matter of time at this point that I finally beat Jason, winning the small game. But it was a plain, simple suckout on that hand. Jason should have won right there with his set.

So it was a good night all around. I think everyone had a great time. We had a new player join us. And, best of all, Nikki and I finished in the money in the main game, first & third respectively, and I won the second game. Kinda makes up for the lack of either us making the money last month.

Next month's game is May 27th. We're hoping to have more than ten people at it.

No comments: