Monday, April 17, 2006

$3.30 Redux

[12:05] And....I'm out. I was dealt A9s so I raised 3x BB. The button reraised an additional 2 BBs so I called. The flop came rag-9-rag so I jammed, hoping to get him off whatever he may have. No such luck. He quickly calls my all-in and turns over AA. I needed another 9 to come. It didn't. I finished 235th and won $5.38. It was one of those hands where you were either hero or zero...

[11:54] Made it to second break. Currently sitting in 70 out of 260. It may look like I've dropped, and I have, but it's only because I haven't increased my stack at all. It hasn't really moved much. I'm still hoping to go deep. We're packed in like sardines in the chip count though. If I bump up my stack by 8K I'll move into the top 20 - that's how close we are.

[11:47] Just made it into the money. Guaranteed at least $5.16. Woohoo! NOW I have to go deep.

[11:45] Another move to a different table. My stacks dropped a bit. I folded a decent size pot to a bluff. It was well played. He showed 22 but represented at least a queen to a board of 8Q6. I had JJ.

[11:25] I'm getting sick and tired of being moved from table to table just when I start to get a read on the people. Grrr.

[11:15] Took down another big pot. Sitting in 22nd right now.

[11:10pm]
Just doubled up off the Kiss of Death™ (that's KK for all you non-forum people).

[10:50pm]
Well, I decided I was going to play in another $3+.30 tourney tonight. I'm currently an hour into it and am sitting in 145th place. It started with 1723 and there are currently 658 left. First prize is just under $1K - which is good because, by some sheer stroke of coincidence, my car repairs are going to be costing $1K plus tax. The kicker is, that doesn't even really fix everything....sigh.

So I'm running pretty good in this tourney. Had one good hand that doubled me up early. The first table I was at, while good for my stack, kinda sucked. There was almost no one there that respected a decent sized raise. I raise 6x BB and get five callers! I had to do crazy-stupid raises just to isolate one or two. Sad. Just before the break I got moved to a new table so I don't really have a read on anyone there yet but there are two people there with stacks larger than mine.

No comments: