Thursday, April 13, 2006

Welcome to my poker blog

Hey all, welcome to my dedicated poker blog. Some of you may have come here from my main site at Surfergeeks.net and others may have stumbled across it elsewhere. I will still be posting the occasional poker related things on my main site, but only if it's really BIG news. This one will have more daily posts that will revolve around me bitching about certain hands and how much of a suckout the donkey that knocked me out caught.

That said, today I played a $6.50 Turbo SNG at PS (that's Pokerstars for anyone reading this not in the know. Oh, and 'SNG' is 'Sit N Go'). I sucked. I was dealt AKo and raised it up, it was reraised and I called. The flop didn't help me so I smooth called his bet and received no help on the turn. His bets seemed to indicate strength so I laid it down on the turn but not after I gave away some chips. The hand that killed me though was a bad play on my part. I had A9s and the flop came KKT. There was only myself and one other player to see the flop and I had position. He checked, I made a small bet that he called. The turn came a nine so I figured that I may be good here so I jammed. He quickly calls and turns over K8. Bastard slow played his king. Ah well. I finished that one in 5th place. Unfortunately, only top 3 payout...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the flop actually KKT?