Monday, April 17, 2006

$3.30 tourney

I played a $3.30 tourney yesterday. There were 2135 players. I busted out 131 for an almost $9 payout! Woot! $9! Retirement here I come. First place was actually a pretty sweet payout of just over $1K for $3. Can't go wrong there.

Today I played a $2 rebuy sattellite for the WSOP. These things are pretty soft and it takes all kinds of special to not finish in the money on these ones. Well, just call me special. I had a decent stack and managed to build it up to around 11K. Then I'm dealt 33. One person ahead of me raised it up about 4x. I'd had quite a few hands on him and figured him for a couple overcards - probably both paint. I figure that if I jam, he'll lay it down fearing a large pocket pair. So jam I do. Call he does. Turn over 99 he does. Crap. Well, maybe I'll suckout and catch a three. Here comes the flop.... 9JJ. FUCK!!!! Well, I've still got one out - running threes. Nope. I'm done. Ah well.

I still hold that these things are EASY money. I just have to stop being a jackass and play properly.

No comments: