Wednesday, May 03, 2006

DoR3 - Comin' at you in 3D Baybeee!

SURFERGEEKS.NET STATUS: Still MIA. Scroll down to read about the SNAFU.

So today was a good day for poker. This morning I played a $6.50 Turbo SNG and won it. Cha-ching! Then tonight was the TalkingPoker.com Monthly Heads-Up Challenge. There were a whopping six people registered. That meant that two people got first round byes. The six were: JD, Studiopet, Rogue (TP), Boobie Lover, Nikki, and I. Needless to say, neither of us got byes. Rogue & Boobie got to sit the first one out while I faced off against JD. Well, I lucked out on one key hand that gave me a decent chip lead where I rivered my straight over his set of aces. Whew. The final hand I was dealt aces and he was dealt fours. My aces held.

Nikki beat Studiopet (she's probably written about it on her blog). So we were both hoping that we would draw Rogue since, well, he never showed up. So whoever drew him got to just win every hand as he was auto-folded. Well, naturally, Boobie ends up against Mark and I have to play against Nikki. My fours faced off against her AQ and not only did they hold up, but they actually improved into a straight, sending me to the final against Boobie.

Six hands into the final table I raised with A5o, he re-raised, and I re-re-raised all-in. He turns over eights. Oh-oh.
Fortunately the poker gods decided to shine down their love upon me and gave me an ace on the flop which was good enough to win the contest.

Daily net: $36.50
MTD: $59.19
PMTD: $0.50

No comments: