Sunday, May 07, 2006

Today's play

I started off this morning playing, whatelse, a $6.50 turbo. In case it isn't obvious, I really like this - they're quick, fairly easy, and within my bank roll.

So off I go. I didn't do very well, finishing in 6th. I can't quite pinpoint one particular hand that was my downfall. It was more a case of that card-dead issue from last night carrying over.

So, not to be outdone by shitty cards, I try again. This one goes the EXACT opposite way. I established myself as table captain on the 2nd hand where I caught trip jacks against two players who folded the river. Two hands later I send the first person to the rail with my 99. I caught a nine of the flop and two tens completed the boat for me, sending the guy with the pocket jacks to the rail. My domination of the table continued through the entire game with me sending all but two to the rail. It was a fairly slow game. So slow that by the time we ended up heads-up I had about a 5:1 chip lead and he had an M of about 2.5, and it just got worse from there. Blinds went up and he was all-in two hands in a row automatically. Obviously, he won the first one. He didn't win the second.

Tonight I decided I'd play in a $3.30 MTT. 1593 players in it. As I write this paragraph we're on first break. The hand just before the break I almost tripled up (as well as knocked one person out) to climb to 92nd out of 614 players. Hopefully I can take this down. First place is $860.23.

Well, I'm out in 143rd place. $6.22 for 3.5 hours effort. Wheeee! My KK ran into A6o. Of course, an ace came on the flop. Poof. End of game for Robbie.

Daily net: $16.92
MTD: $59.91
PMTD: -$92.70

No comments: